The AWC159 is a compact, coaxial-driver, 2-way, highly weather-resistant full-range loudspeaker system which is ideal for speech and music in a wide variety of applications, including sports facilities, racetracks, stadiums, fairgrounds, rodeos, skating rinks, themed entertainment venues, cruise ships, water parks, outdoor background music/paging systems, swimming pools, and a wide variety of other outdoor or indoor venue types.
- Highly weather-resistant IP56 rating
- Consistent 90° x 90° broadband pattern control
• 380 mm (15 in) woofer with Kevlar-reinforced cone and 75 mm (3 in) voice coil.
• 38 mm (1.5 in) diaphragm compression driver with patented design and high temperature polymer diaphragm.
- Extraordinary clarity for speech, with extended frequency response for music.
- Advanced high-slope crossover network for constant coverage and smooth, natural midrange.
- 500 Watt power handling (average continuous pink noise) with high sensitivity provides high SPL capability.
- High-power passive crossover network.
- 52 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response.
- 300 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap (built-in transformer) or direct 8Ω low-impedance.
JBL AWC159-BK 15" 2-Way All-Weather Compact Co-axial Loudspeaker. Black (-BK)
Frequency Range (-10dB) 52 Hz – 20 kHz Frequency Response (±3 dB) 80 Hz – 20 kHz Coverage Pattern 90° x 90° Directivity Factor (Q) 11.1 (1 kHz – 16 kHz) Directivity Index (DI) 9.7 dB (1 kHz – 16 kHz) System Power Rating 500 W (2000 W peak), 2 hrs. 300 W (1200 W peak), 100 hrs Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 98 dB (Ave. 80 Hz – 20 kHz) Maximum SPL (1m) Direct 8Ω: 125 dB (peaks of 131 dB) 300 W Tap: 123 dB (peaks of 129 dB) Crossover Network 1.5 kHz, 4th order (24 dB/oct) high-pass plus conjugate to HF, 2nd order low-pass to LF Nominal Impedance 8 ohms Transformer Taps 70V: 300W, 150W, 75W, 38W 100V: 300W, 150W, 75W LF Driver Kevlar-reinforced cone with weather treatment, 75 mm (3 in) voice coil. HF Driver 2408H-2 38 mm (1.5 in) diaphragm and voice coil diameter, patented high-temperature annular polymer diaphragm, copper-clad aluminum coil, fluid-cooled. Enclosure ABS with Glass enclosure, heavily braced Attachment Two M10 (course-thread) points for included U-bracket. M6 secondary safety attachment point on back panel. Grille Corrosion-resistant zinc-rich extra-thick powder coated steel grille, 3-layer assembly with foam and woven poly mesh backing. Input Connection CE-compliant covered barrier strip terminals. Barrier terminals accept up to 8 mm outside 4 mm inside open-lug (#6 or #8) plus bare wire up to 2.5 mm2 (12 AWG) wire or spade lugs. Terminal compartment cover equipped with gland nut that forms water-tight seal with roundjacketed cables with outside diameters between 4.0 mm (0.16") and 9.0 mm (0.36") Environmental IP56 per IEC529, with a minimum 5° downward aiming angle. Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV, and ASTM G85 for acid-air/salt-spray (336 hrs). Dimensions 486 x 486 x 479 mm (19.1 x 19.1 x 18.8), cabinet 507 mm (19.9 in) depth with gland nut 546 mm (21.5 in) including bracket extending to back Colors Available in gray (similar to Pantone 420C) and black (-BK) Included Accessories U-bracket, matches loudspeaker color (gray or black), zinc-rich extrathick powder coated, steel. Crossover Modes Passive Nominal LF Driver Impedance 8 ohms Suspension Attachment Two M10 (fine-thread) points for included U-bracket. M6 secondary safety attachment point on back panel. Net Weight (each) 20.6 kgs. (45.5 lbs.)